Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Writer Appreciation: a Brief Note

I just looked at the blog and realized that I haven't blogged since January. January! It is a good thing, Authors, that my job is not to be a writer. The tenacity and stick-to-itiveness that it takes to sit your butt in a chair and write something every single day (or at least on the semi-regular basis [more often than every two months] that it takes to write a manuscript) is admirable, possibly miraculous (at least from my view) and deserves a standing ovation. (Pause while she stands at her desk with her arms shaped in an "O" above her head.) The good news is that we're busy with other things behind the scenes here, including reading those manuscripts that you're writing. So keep writing, keep submitting (YA manuscripts to me now and other manuscripts to Elaine soon [stay tuned to the blog and website for notice on when adult fiction queries should resume]), and I'll blog again sooner than two months from now. Deal? Deal.

1 comment:

Kimberly Sabatini said...

Sounds like a deal! Thanks for the love and thanks for being awesome at your job too. :o)